Tag Archives: forecast
When will we be trading at 1.60? Not long in my opinion!
This afternoon the pound has weakened against most currencies, including nearly half a percent (at the time of print) against USD. It has not however weakened to the same degree against AUD, re-confirming that that AUD is not in favour for investors.
This Morning Australia released Australian Home Loans (Total of Australian Mortgages), Investment Lending and NAB (National Australia Bank) Business Confidence. Business confidence was down but there was a strong reading for Home Loans. A surprise as a weakening currency is quite often supported by that countries businesses, as it makes it a bit easier on the pocket to trade internationally!
My opinion is that Sterling will strengthen against the Aussie Dollar further, and that in summer we will be trading in the 1.60s.
Should you be looking to sell some Australian Dollars, please drop me a line to discuss your options. There are many contracts available to eliminate potential loss from adverse currency fluctuations.
I work for a market leading Foreign Exchange company, with various awards from ‘The Times’ and ‘The Telegraph’, including best exchange rates.
You can reach me on 01494 787 478 or email me AJB@currencies.co.uk .
Thank you for reading
The Pound has had a great run against the Australian Dollar of late, gaining almost 5 cents in the past few weeks.
At present, with buying levels now over 1.50 it does become quite a temptation to buy Australian Dollars if you have been waiting to make a purchase since the start of the year.
From what I hear from friends over in Australia things are not as great as have been made out and with China seemingly slowing down ever so slightly there may be a little more room for improvement in GBP/AUD rates as long as the U.K can avoid moving backwards again with their economic recovery.
Be very wary though if you do have a pending property transaction to carry out and the current level is within budget it may be tempting toat least book half of your currency just in case the AUD does have another charge of strength which we can never rule out.
Today is key for the Pound with production figures out at 09:30am and the Bank of England interest rate decision due at 12:00pm. Should the Bank of England not have changed their plans surrounding Quantitative Easing then the Pound could creep up a little further.
If you are in the position where you need to buy or sell Australian Dollars for any major currency then I can help you both in terms of a great rate of exchange and a fantastic level of service. You can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org please let me know a brief description of your requirements and a contact number and I shall be more than happy to help you.
GBPAUD has rebounded after touching the lows of 1.50 over a week ago. Australia has called an election for September which has potentially created some uncertainty. I expect the Aussie will weaken in the short term and that we could see some better buying levels, however these are unlikely to be sustained.
Tomorrow we have the HSBC Manufacturing PMI from China which is usually one of the big market movers on AUD as the Chinese economy is one of the big drivers of Aussie strength.
The current trend lately has been Aussie strength and there does appear to have been a little uncertainty creeping back into the market, particularly with the US economy reporting -0.1% growth this week. I expect the Aussie could weaken by a cent or so tomorrow unless the PMI data is much better than expected. If you are buying Aussies this could be a good time to buy since generally speaking the UK and the pound is suffering at the moment.
If you have an AUD currency transfer to consider why not get in touch to be kept up to speed with the latest news and events that will move your rate. We always aim to get our clients much better rates than other sources and would be pleased to speak with you to ensure you don’s suffer at the hands of bad exchange rates or complacency. Please feel free to contact me Jonathan directly on 00 44 1494 787 478 or email me email@example.com for more information.
I look forward to hearing from you, thank you.
Following a break above 1.50 for Sterling against the Australian Dollar and so far (at the time of writing this) the pairing managing to stay above 1.50 I feel we could see the Pound push on a little further against the Australian Dollar overnight.
The Reserve Bank of Australia release their meeting minutes from the last interest rate decision and I think that the key thing here is that we have heard concerns from numerous Australian officials that the strength of the Australian Dollar may start to damage the economy. This may open the door for the RBA to look at another rate cut (or at least hint at one). An interest rate cut generally weakens the currency concerned as it makes it less attractive to investors there fore becoause the markets move on rumour as well as fact we may see a sharp weakness for the AUD against all majors should we hear news of potential cuts tonight.
If you have AUD to sell, it might be time to jump on the rate whilst it is there, if you have AUD to buy then I would keep a keen eye on where the rates are moving in early trading tomorrow morning.
Unfortunately neither I or anyone else can guarantee their economic predictions. What we can do is make clear to anyone who needs to make a trade what their options are and what they should be aware of that can move their rate. We are able to offer rates that can beat banks and other brokerages and I for one have never been beaten on a price by a bank or a currency broker so it is well worth you getting in touch if you find this site of use.
For a free analysis of your position and what may move your rate of exchange please feel free to speak with me Daniel Wright directly on 01494 787 478 or email firstname.lastname@example.org I welcome private and corporate clients of any size so do feel free to contact me today.
Australian Dollar Forecast – Key interest rate decisions For Bank of England and European central bank will affect attitude to risk
The problems in Europe have managed to stay reasonably quiet for the past week or so which, coupled with the Reserve Bank of Australia holding off on an interest rate cut has led to the Australian Dollar gaining back some ground against the Pound and various other major currencies. An interest rate cut is generally seen as negative for the currency concerned and a rate hike is seen as positive due to making it less attractive to investors, therefore the mere fact that the RBA decided not to cut has meant that we have seen a short term spike in favour of the AUD.
Because the Europeans have temporarily swept the huge problems under the carpet we have seen attitude towards risk slowly gather pace which has also led to the AUD pushing on a little. If you are looking to buy Australian Dollars then further large problems within Europe becoming front page news again instead of the U.K bankers would be welcomed and should push the rate in your favour.
Tomorrow is also key as we have the interest rate decision and press conference for the European Central Bank and the U.K interest rate decision. Should the BOE decide to inject further Quantitative Easing into the U.K economy we may see the Pound weaken, last time around members of the BOE voted just 5-4 against it which suggests the decision was fairly tight and that just one more member changing their mind may lead to it being introduced… QE is usually seen as negative for the currency concerned.
On the other hand the European Central Bank are due to release their decision shortly after followed by a press conference, which is notoriously shaky and can lead to high volatility for both the Euro and currencies that are linked to risk so be aware they may throw anything into the mix.
Should you have a transaction to carry out involving Australian Dollars or indeed any other major currency and you wish to achieve better rates than your bank or current broker then I am highly confident I shall be able to save you money and offer you a better service than you currently receive.
Please feel free to email me directly quoting ADF as your subject title email@example.com or fill in the renquiry form on the right hand side of this page.
Australian Dollar Forecast – Gaining strength back against Sterling on a daily basis again? What is happening and why?
Many of my regular clients have been in touch lately asking just what I feel may happen next with the Australian Dollar and in truth the outlook for those looking to buy Australian Dollars isn’t looking too great again for the short term. Personally I feel we will see rates get better for AUD buyers further down the line as I feel there is a lot more still to come from the problems in Europe however for the time being they may have managed to bat things off for a little while.
If the Greeks manage to agree a Coalition then I would expect the AUD to strengthen further over the course of this week, and this has already been the case so far thanks to the RBA (Reserve Bank of Australia) meeting minutes suggesting it was extremely close to not cutting rates in Australia last time out and this suggests we may not see another cut as soon as we had initially thought.
Intrerest rate cuts are usually seen as negative for the currency concerned and a hike in rates seen as positive, so the fact they may hold off may lead to the AUD gaining back some strength in the short term unless we here comments in the near future that suggest otherwise.
Personally my thoughts on the European crisis are that it is so deep that it will just keep coming back, and every time it does come back we will see the AUD weaken as it is seen as a riskier currency and in times of global crisis investors tend to shy away from the riskier currenciesand they can tend to weaken rather rapidly.
If you have an upcomnig transaction to carry out involving the Australian Dollar, Sterling or any other major currency and want better exchange rates than you are currently receiving from your current broker or bank email me on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ADF in your subject header.
The GBP-AUD rates have remained fairly rangebound at the start of this week with rates testing the 1.57 (0.6370) mark this afternoon. As we have seen of late these currencies are being highly effected by investors attitude to risk
and seeing further problems for Europe could well lead to these becoming even more jittery. I personally can see a spike occurring against these currencies for the Pound if the Greek election goes in favour of the Anti-Austerity party.
Many clients that have contacted me over the course of this year have been looking for one of two things… Rates to get over and above 1.60 as they did for a small period of time not too long ago or rates top go back below 1.50 for those looking to sell Australian Dollars and to bring funds back to the U.K. Personally I feel we will be much more likely to see rates get up to 1.60 plus again instead of dropping back away,. however do be warned it tends to be the greedier amound us that usually miss out.
A prudent approach is to look at putting a stop loss or limit order in place.. Or indeed both – These contract options are completely free and protect you from adverse market movements – Ideal if you do fit into either of the categories above.
I work for one of the top foreign exchange brokerages in the U.K and have assisted thousands of clients when transfering to and from Australia getting much better rates than banks or indeed their current broker of choice. If you would like my assistance then feel free to contact me directly on email@example.com or by filling in the form on the right hand side of this page and I will be happy to assist you.