GBPAUD rates have stayed relatively still through today’s trading as there is little data driving markets. It is however the calm before the storm as over the next few days there is a number of key data releases which will impact the forecast of both economies and the risk appetite of traders and therefore AUD’s value.
- Tuesday sees a host of AUD data including House Price Data which as been missing forecasts recently, GBPAUD strength expected – 0.75 cent movement potentially
- Wednesday sees UK Quarterly Inflation Report, this is expected to weaken the Pound and could be a big mover for the week – Loss of 1.5 cents potentially
- Thursday AUD Unemployment figures released, gains expected GBPAUD climbing by 0.75 cents happily
- Thursday afternoon sees US Retail figures which could drive markets in either direction as risk appetite changes.
- Friday US data on Industrial Productivity, again risk appetite will be impacted here along with the value of the AUD