Pound to Australian Dollar Forecast
Sterling has suffered of late due to the current situation on Brexit, Brexit being one of the key drivers on GBP/AUD. We recently saw a spike up to 1.88 following what was deemed to be positive news on Brexit. May’s talks with Corbyn over a deal that could be mutually acceptable from both Labour and the Conservatives caused the Spike. I believed the gains for Sterling would be short lived as I had little faith the talks between May and Corbyn would result in a deal that would pass through the House of Commons. This proved to be true.
I believe Sterling could be in for further losses as if Farage’s becomes the UK’s representative in the bloc, it would show a huge power shift away for m the usual top contenders, creating further political uncertainty. Many believe if he does prove to be successful this could be the final nail in the coffin for May and she will be forced to step down, she has proved extremely resilient up to this point however.
May made a speech yesterday and she stated the House of Commons vote on her deal may now be delayed from the first week of June. This was not taken well and has seen her unpopularity grow. The thoughts in many of the voters minds is no doubt that if her deal fails to be passed she will resign.
I think the vote is destined to fail when it takes place, this may be already factored into GBP/AUD to some extent as the market moves on rumour as well as fact, but I think this could also cause the Pound to lose value. The usual market reaction if a leader of a Country steps down or is ousted is that the currency in question would weaken, however in this situation we could see the opposite as anew Tory party leader may be deemed to have a better a chance of sorting out this Brexit mess.
The Aussie has had it’s own trouble, Australia has a heavy reliance on China purchasing it’s goods and services and any decline in Chinese growth will impact the Australian economy and in turn the Australian Dollar. The escalation in the US/China trade war is causing investors to move away from riskier commodity based currencies such as AUD for safe haven investments.
There is also the probability of an interest rate cut from the Reserve Bank of Australia next month, so despite the potential for further Sterling gains it may be wise to move before the decision if you are selling the Aussie.
If you have a currency requirement I will be happy to assist. It is crucial to be in touch with an experienced broker when the market is currently so hard to predict. If you let me know the details of your trade I will endeavour to produce a free trading strategy to suit your individual needs. Have faith knowing you will be dealing with a brokerage in business for over 18yrs, Foreign Currency Direct Plc. We are a no risk entity as we do not speculate on the market and we are registered with the FCA. If you have a currency provider take a minute to send over the rates they offer and I am confident I can demonstrate a significant saving. I can be contacted at email@example.com . (Daniel Johnson) Thank you for reading.